2023 Hurricane Season
National Hurricane Service Predicts a Near-normal 2023 Hurricane Season
Florida Department of emergency management 2023 season outlook
Resources for the 2023 Atlantic Hurricane Season
Disaster Preparedness Resources
- Visit FloridaDisaster.org to plan and prepare for the 2023 hurricane season.
- The Florida Division of Emergency Management encourages everyone to:
FEMA Eligibility and Assistance
- Faith and community organizations with a 501c3 status are eligible for FEMA assistance in two categories:
- Debris removal.
- Emergency protective measures.
- For more information on FEMA programs, procurement, and reimbursements, visit floridadisaster.org/froc
World Weather Forecasts
- Visit weather.org to learn how to take advantage of future disasters by staying up to date with current weather conditions.
The National Hurricane Center
- Visit nhc.noaa.gov for hurricane alerts, analyses, and forecasts.
Attached below you will find the slides for the 2023 Hurricane Season Outlook presentation given by Deputy State Meteorologist Caitlyn Gillespie. If you have questions about hurricane preparedness that were not addressed on the call, please visit FloridaDisaster.org.
Remember! Florida’s Faith and Community Information Line aka The Red Phone, (850) 717-9494. This first in the nation resource is exclusively for you, our faith and community leaders to be able to call directly into the Executive Office of the Governor and have any of your state government questions answered.